Saturday, March 16, 2013

Corduroy Canvas for my daughter's 20th Birthday

It has definitely been a long time since I last blogged.  Life has thrown me some curves and I haven't had time to do any crafting.  Now I've worked on a few projects that I would love to share with you.  This first project is something that I wanted to make for my daughter.  We use to have this handsome little guy in our family but due to time issues we had to find him a new home.  So in memory of him I decided to make this so that my daughter can reflect back on all that he brought into our lives.

I was inspired by the talented Limor Webber http://chicscrapbookdesigns.blogspot.ca/ during one of her ustream videos.  Thank you so much for giving me some mojo to create this beautiful canvas for my daughter to treasure for years to come.

I used sewing pattern paper and stamps from Tim Holtz to create the background paper.  I also used paper from a Recollection Line called Union Square.  Flowers were a mix between Prima Marketing Flowers, IamRoses, Wild Orchid Crafts and a handmade crochet flower that I made.  I used a stencil from Crafter's Workshop, Golden Molding Paste and Gesso and many sprays from Lindy's Stamp Gang.  I used letters from American Crafts and the amazing Prima tools from Ingvild Bolme.  I fussy cut out some of the papers to add dimension and also added some flower sprays to the sides of the canvas.

I had a great time making this and hope that you enjoy it as well.  Comments are always welcome.

Regards,
Katherine Lonuzzo








No comments:

Post a Comment