Friday, December 30, 2011

Survivor Plaque for Boudoir Photo Shoot

This was a special project that I made for myself.  As some of you may know, I am a breast cancer survivor.  It will be two years in February!!!!  I knew that I wanted to do a photo shoot for my survivorship and when my best friend's daughter decided to hold a Boudoir Photo Shoot Marathon, I decided that I was going to do it!  I had a blast doing the photo shoot.  I got to feel sexy yet elegant all at the same time.  Seeing as how I wanted to combine the two themes together, I went and purchased a plain wood plaque from Michael's and altered it to fit the theme.  I had so much fun putting this together.  I used some pink and cream paint on the wood, Wild Orchid Craft flowers, butterflies from Recollection and some awesome ivory lace that I got from my local thrift store.  I also added a Pink Ribbon Sticker and die cut letters on chipboard and coated with chunky glitter to make the "Survivor" theme.  I hope you like it.  I have also added a couple pictures from the photo shoot so that you can see it being used.





Thank you so much for stopping by.  Would love to hear your comments and feedback!

Katherine

5 comments:

  1. I love your plaque, its so pretty and the photos are beautiful.
    So glad to hear you have beaten the breast cancer, fab blog and I am now a follower.
    Becky x

    http://shabby-treasures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My life is better for having met you, you are such a sweet and supportive person! Meeting you would never have happened had you not beaten cancer! So I am very grateful for your strength and fighting spirit! The plaque is so pretty and the woman in the pictures is gorgeous inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Becky and Marie! I can say that I am honored to have met so many wonderful people through this crafting community! Thank you so much for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on being a survivor! I love your plaque & your photo shoot looks like it was fun!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Dawn! The photo shoot was a blast! Happy New Year my friend!
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete