Friday, December 30, 2011

Secret Santa Swap on Life's A Scrapbeach

Hello Everyone,

I hosted a secret santa swap on the Beach and this is a picture of the altered cigar box that I made for my sister in the swap.  I had asked a few questions of each participant so that we would know what they liked.  Her favorite color was turquoise, so this is what I made for her.


The box was first painted in black and then I added some regular school glue and then the turquoise paint to get a crackle effect.  I think it turned out awesome for a first timer...lol!  I added lace and black flatback pearl trim from Karlas001's etsy store along with flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I cut out a picture from the Graphic45 steampunk line for the main image and then added two pieces of bling to finish off the box.


This is a view of the sides of the box.  I used some loopy trim along with some gold ribbon to finish it off.  I love the steampunk style of this box and hope that my recipient loved it as much as I did making it for her.

Below is a video of what I received from my not so secret sister Tammy (sscrafter1 on YT) for this swap.


I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas and all the best for the New Year!

Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment